I’m riding a wave and wearing Girls4Sport. Such a fun sport! This picture makes it look like I know what I’m doing…
When I find gear that really stands out – stuff I’ve come to depend on or that I’m, at the very least, excited to wear – I will definitely tell you about it. It’s the new/updated/smart/well-made/flattering stuff that puts the extra little thrill, the jujz, in fitness and it may give you the incentive you need to get going on those days your feet are dragging (we’ve all been there.) And so, without further ado, the first Tuck Takes Off Great Gear Award goes to Girls4Sport surfing wear.
- Usually women wear two layers when surfing: a bikini on the bottom and boardshorts and a rash guard on top. Girls4Sports gear is one layer, so you’re sleeker in the water and there’s less drag.
- Girls4Sport rash guards have snug BUILT-IN SHELF bras. This is genius, because bikini tops tend to disappear or end up around one’s ankles any time a big wave hits. Girls4Sport tops keep everything in place, shall we say, so you can focus on surviving the next wave set instead of if your set is properly covered.
- G4S’s rash guards are SPF 65, great because the water magnifies the sun and surfers’ skin gets a beating.
- G4S’s bottoms have a sturdy elastic waistband so they stay put. I don’t like wearing boardshorts as they’re baggy and, again (theme here) I am always pulling them up. It would take a nuclear explosion for G4S’s bathing suit bottoms to fall off and if that happens you’ll have bigger issues to worry about than modesty. Buy them in a smallish size so they fit snugly.
- Cute cute cute. Check out the example below:
Happy shopping! I do get excited about this stuff and I’d love to hear from you about your finds. Tell me, tell me… Thanks, guys. – Steph.